WELCOME TO SPA THERAPY BY SHANTAEL
Thank you for choosing me for your spa needs. I can't wait to meet you!
Please arrive 5- 10 mins early (not too early, as the parking spaces may not be available) to fill out a New Client form and to sign the Cancellation policy.
Be advised that I service 70-90 clients a month and do my best to work with everyone regarding their appointment time. When you cancel/reschedule your appointment, that severely interrupts the level of service I am able to offer. My request is that if you MUST cancel/reschedule your service, please do so within a 24 hour time frame in order to offer that availability to another client. Your appointment can be cancelled or modified by going online to : www.styleseat.com/shantaelclewis. Chronic abusers will be charged a $25 fee for Late Cancel and 50% of the service scheduled for "NO CALL/NO SHOW". ALL SATURDAY LATE CANCELLATIONS/NO SHOW will be charged at 100%.
The entrance and parking is in the BACK of the house. Use the double-wide driveway to the RIGHT of the house and parking space is also the RIGHT of the house labeled "SPA PARKING". Keep in mind the house is actually behind you from the spaces. If you find the space occupied, you can park in either one of the spaces Marked "#3". You can come right up to the outside door, it should be unlocked and come to to the 2nd floor or you can call when you arrive and I will come down to meet you. SPA IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR (there is a sign). If at all possible, please refrain from ringing the doorbell unless the outside door is locked, this can severely interrupt the level of service I am providing for the person ahead of you. ALWAYS CHECK THE DOOR FIRST.
I use EPILATION BRAND WAX CHOCOLAT, a non-polymer hard wax (no plastic) and AU NATURALE a non-polymer vegan-friendly wax for hard wax, EPILATION BRAND WAX soft wax in CUIVRE COPPER (pearlized) and LAVANDE ( cream wax). I use a non-Polymer (no plastic) DISPOSABLE roll-on cartridge wax from EPILATION BRAND WAX for large linear areas such as arms, legs and backs. These cartridges are sealed and are ONE-TIME use for each client. They are disposed of after each client.
The general rule is 1/4 inch long or 10-14 days worth of growth. The hair must be long enough to pick up between 2 fingers. If you are using a Retinol or Retin-A, Please discontinue use at least 7 days before waxing.
-The Butt Part Hurts The Least
The difference between a Brazilian wax and a bikini wax is this: a Brazilian wax includes waxing your butt ( the sphincter ). I know that sounds horrifying and insane, but it's ok. There aren't many nerve endings there, which is why it doesn't hurt.
-Shouldn't Have Sex or Work Out For At Least 24 Hours After
If you're planning on surprising your BF/GF with a steamy sexy session after your wax...STOP! Doing so can cause friction, which can lead to irritation down there. So, if you're planning a sexy night in, get waxed at least a day or two before instead of the morning of. If this can't be avoided, I do sell a balm that will aid in less friction, just ask me... no judgement here!
-No Pools or Hot Tubs for 24 hours
Even though these bodies of water are chlorinated, bacteria can still be introduced into your pores and cause unnecessary irritation.
-Bring Clean Underwear
After waxing, its a good idea to change into clean underwear after your service. This also reduces the introduction of bacteria, especially if you are prone to in-grown hair.
-Shower First If You're Anxious
If you're really nervous about being naked, shower right before you come. It definitely makes you feel more comfortable when you are nice and clean.
-It Really Doesn't Hurt As Bad As You Think It Does!
I'm not just saying this: waxing down there really doesn't hurt as much as you think it will. I swear! It doesn't hurt (it stings), but that pain only lasts a few seconds. Honestly, the more you come, the less it hurts. The more often you come, the root stops growing in and there isn't as much hair to pull out. So stay on time! First-time waxers should expect small, minimal "pin prick" bleeding as the hair is connected to a blood source, but nothing significant. It will not even be present once the wax is finished. Consider a low dose pain-killer such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen, if you are really nervous, BUT NO ALCOHOL! It thins your blood and promotes excessive bleeding.
-Consider an Ingrown Serum
If you are prone to ingrown hair or already experiencing them from previous waxing or shaving experiences, you should consider purchasing an after-wax care serum. I retail "Get the Bump Outta Here" 2oz at $15 or 4oz at $25. Please note that constantly alternating between waxing and shaving is a perfect recipe for ingrown hair. So be sure you are ready to switch to waxing on a long-term basis.
-Chronic Ingrown Issues
if you are or have experienced a chronic ingrown issue, you can opt for an ingrown treatment mask at the time of service. It adds an additional 10 minutes to the service for an Additional $10. Also, you can purchase the Se-Brazil Ingrown hair "Green" Cream for at home use. I will instruct you of its usage.
-GUARANTEE: While it is impossible to get every single hair, I do pride myself on the motto "No Hair Left Behind". If I have missed any medium to large sections of hair ( not 2 or 3 hairs), I give you 2 days to contact me for a touch up free of charge. I can not predict who will or will not have a reaction to a waxing service or how fast your hair will grow, therefore , I do not offer a service guarantee for skin reactions or hair growth.
First of all, make sure it is a good time for you to have a massage. If you are heavily menstruating or have had acute trauma; like a recent (within 48 hours) fall or car accident, a massage won't be as comfortable for you. Reschedule your visit if have a fever, cold/flu, skin irritations (such as poison ivy or sunburn), or if you are trying to stabilize your medication (because massage can affect the dosage needed).
In the days before your massage, drink plenty of water. Do not eat just before your massage. Be sure to use the restroom to avoid having to go in the middle of the massage. I will follow your lead. If you talk, I'll respond. If you prefer to sleep, that's ok as well.
Give yourself enough time to arrive on time and to get relaxed. If you are rushing and arrive stressed, it will take longer to get into a relaxed state.
Please note that I will ask a series of semi-personal questions to make sure you are an ideal candidate for massage. Consider showering before your appointment to aid relaxation, if possible. Be sure to communicate to me whether are are too cold or too warm or get uncomfortable at any time. I will check in with you about the pressure, but please speak up if you want more pressure or if the pressure is too much. I will try to provide music that I feel is appropriate, however, feel free to bring in your own music to aid in your relaxation.
Before your spray tanning session
- Do exfoliate 24 hours before getting a spray tan to ensure an even application. Exfoliation sloughs away the dead skin cells, which will help achieve the longest-lasting tan possible. Use a water-based exfoliating scrub rather than an oil-based one. Oils may interfere with the spray tanning solution from developing properly.
- Don't apply any moisturizer, deodorant, perfume or other beauty products before your tanning appointment. They may also inhibit the quality of your tan.
- Do shave or wax the evening before your spray tanning session. If you shave after you get your spray tan, it will exfoliate the skin and affect the tanning results.
- Don't wear any jewelry or makeup to your tanning session. Pull your hair up and off your face and neck.
- Do wear a swimsuit, thong or underwear -- whatever makes you feel comfortable. Nudity is ok, too.
- Do ask me any questions before your session begins. I will guide you on how to position yourself to achieve optimal results.
- Do have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat, it prevents your nails from staining. The spray tan will NOT ruin your Gel or Acrylic nails.
After your spray tanning session
- Do wear loose clothing and flip flops when you leave the tanning salon. Ditch your bra for at least six hours.
- Don't take a shower (or get wet for any other reason) for the first 12 hours after receiving a spray tan. Water contact will stop the tanning process.
- Don't exercise for the first 24 hours. Sweat will cause your tan to streak.
- Don't go in the ocean or a pool after your tan for at least 24. Chlorine will help to fade the tan, however, not immediately.
- Don't book any hair or nail appointments for 48 hours after your tanning session.
- Don't use soaps and other body products that contain parabans, glycolic alpha hydroxy acids or sodium lauryl sulfates -- they will fade your tan more quickly. Don't use a loofah, puff or wash cloth.
- Do moisturize every day -- morning and night. Also use a moisturizing soap-free body wash to extend the life of your tan.
- Do pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing is not recommended and will cause your tan to not last as long.
- Don't Worry! You will feel a little sticky until after your first shower ( this is normal ) and the spray tan does have a slight, but pleasant odor to it.
Tips and their amount are a matter of social custom and totally OPTIONAL. Though highly appreciated, it is not mandatory. If you so choose to leave a tip, please note that it can be done in cash ( preferred ) or on a credit card with the payment.
Payment in full is expected at the time of service. No arrangements will be made, except in extreme cases. You can pay using cash (no fee), but I do accept all major credit cards for your convenience with a 2.75% processing fee ( charged by SQUARE, not me). Here's what that looks like: $65 service is charged an additional $1.69 or $15 service is charged an additional $.41. Checks are NOT accepted from new clients. Established clients may opt for checks as a form of payment. If you have booked with a credit card, you have the option to use the card on file or pay at the time of your appointment with cash.
If you find that you cannot keep your appointment, feel free to reschedule as soon as possible. Please make note of the cancellation policy. When rescheduling, please take a close look at your personal schedule to avoid having to reschedule again. The least amount of times we have to move your appointment, the less likely there will be a mistake in scheduling. Rescheduling can be done at www.styleseat.com/shantaelclewis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.